I apologize for my pretty much non-existent blogging this past month or so. Things have been crazy around here, especially the last two weeks as we are adjusting to our family of five. It has taken two weeks, but I finally feel like I am getting back into the groove of the newborn thing. Four years is a long time and it's amazing how much you forget...like how much you value your sleep. We are fortunate that she is a good sleeper. She is the only one out of our girls who hasn't had their days and nights mixed up, thank goodness for that!
Despite all the craziness, I have been keeping the girls busy with some Halloween crafts as well as baking up some goodies so I will try to share them all with you before Halloween arrives!
This cute little owl craft came from Family Fun magazine. I took pictures of all the steps, but accidentally deleted all of them! Oops!
Here is what you need:
Toilet paper roll
2 cupcake liners
orange construction paper
white construction paper
construction paper for the eyes
tape or glue
1) Trim about an inch from the top of the toilet paper roll, fold in the top and secure with tape.
2) Cut one cupcake liner in half. Then cut the other cupcake liner in quarters leaving only the ruffles.
3) Cut circles for the eyes, and a triangle for the beak. Cut two circles out of a cupcake liner for the back of the eyes(optional).
4) Draw your eyes with black marker.
5) Glue or tape the halved cupcake liners to the back of the toilet paper roll. These are the wings.
6) Next, glue the ruffles to the front of the toilet paper roll.
7) Glue on the eyes and beak and you are finished!