I was never a fan of mac & cheese. I know, I know! I live in America and I don't really like the stuff, how can that be? But it's true! I would still make it for my family( except B. she inherited my dislike for the stuff.) and I will admit, most of the time it was the box stuff. Occasionally I would make it from scratch, but it still wasn't my favorite until I found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch's 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes !. This book is a collection of favorites from their other cook books. This cook book is amazing and definitely filled with lots of yumminess. Now, I can actually say I like mac & cheese...even if it is only this mac & cheese. This is the creamiest and cheesiest mac & cheese I have ever had! My family definitely approves, even B! And the best part? It can be made in the crockpot!
Crockpot Mac & Cheese
- 8 oz. package elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups Velveeta, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine cooked macaroni and oil in slow cooker, toss to coat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.