It's almost planting time which means I will be busy taking meals to the field. Casseroles are probably my favorite food to take because they stay warm for a long time. My family loves spaghetti and lasagna and a few of us love mac n cheese;) I'm not a huge fan of macaroni and cheese, but I do like it in this recipe. This pairs great with a fresh green salad and garlic bread!
Mac and Cheese Lasagna
- 2 7.5 oz packages Kraft Thick and Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella cheese
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- While the macaroni cooks, brown the beef and drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper to the beef. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a 9x13 pan, spread half the meat mixture to cover the bottom of the pan. Follow with a layer of half the macaroni and cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the layers and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.