Four out of the five of us in our house are popcorn lovers. Nothing beats the taste of movie theater popcorn in my book. Sometimes we pop the bagged popcorn, other times it's stove top. I would rather have the stove top method, but strongly dislike doing the dishes after especially since it's usually an after supper snack while watching a movie and once supper is over, I am done in the kitchen. When I ran across this recipe for Paper Bag Popcorn in Gooseberry Patch's new cookbook, Mom Knows Best , I knew it was perfect! The taste of stove top popcorn without the mess!
Begin by mixing the oil, popcorn and salt together in a bowl...
Then pour the popcorn in a paper lunch bag and fold three times...
Place in microwave for about 2 minutes...microwaves vary so listen for the magical popping sound;) So simple and so yummy! Enjoy!!
Paper Bag Popcorn
- 1/4 Cup Popcorn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut or canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 brown paper lunch bag
- spray butter, additional salt, optional
- In a bowl, mix together the popcorn, salt, and oil.
- Transfer to a bag;fold over 3 to 4 times to close.
- Set bag on a microwave safe plant. Microwave on high until kernels stop popping, about 2 minutes. Season with spray butter and more salt, if desired.