Sloppy Joes are one of my favorite foods to make. They are super easy and you can switch up the recipe to make them taste a bit different each time you make them. So, when I saw this recipe in Gooseberry Patch's new cookbook, Mom Knows Best and saw that it combined sloppy joes and BACON, I knew I had to give it a whirl. We love bacon in our house! They weren't any more difficult to make and even our oldest loved them. She's kind of hard to please food-wise sometimes;) I changed some things up a bit...the original recipe calls for turkey and I used beef. It also called for pickle relish, but I used chopped green peppers instead.
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp;set bacon aside on a paper towel.
- Partially drain bacon drippings from pan.
- Add hamburger and green peppers; cook until browned.
- Stir in mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce; heat through.
- To serve, top each bun with one cheese slice, one slice bacon, and some of the hamburger mixture.