We have strawberries coming out of our ears!!!! We have only picked from our patch twice and have already picked about 100 quart! We have made jam, halved some and froze them to enjoy on shortcake this winter, I have frozen them whole, made shortcake, sold them and am now in the process of making every strawberry recipe I can think of! My friend, Kelly gave me this yummy recipe and it is so good! So, if you have some fresh berries, whip up this pie. I'm sure store bought strawberries would work too, but nothing beats garden fresh in my book! Enjoy!!
Strawberry Glaze Pie
- 1 pre-baked pie crust
- 4 Cups Fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 small package strawberry jello
- Place halved strawberries in pre-baked pie shell.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix until most lumps are gone.
- Add water and jello to sugar and cornstarch and bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil until thick. (about 10 minutes)
- Pour glaze over strawberries.