One of the girls' favorite "recipes" to make in the summertime...or anytime rather...is lemonade Popsicle. The recipe is pretty difficult;). You make a pitcher of lemonade and then pour the lemonade into ice cube trays, or if you're fancy, Popsicle molds and freeze. So, when Gooseberry Patch sent me a copy of their new Mom Knows Best Cookbook and saw the recipe for these Banana-Orange Yogurt Pops, I knew this would be a recipe we would have to try. Actually, B saw the recipe while I was skimming the opposite page. It adds a nice twist to our traditional recipe..and they're healthy too!
Banana-Orange Yogurt Pops
- 16 oz. vanilla or plain yogurt
- 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 8 5 oz. freezer treat molds or paper cups
- Popsicle sticks
- In a blender, combine yogurt, orange juice concentrate and bananas.
- Process on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour into molds or paper cups.
- Freeze one hour and then insert sticks.
- Continue to freeze until completely frozen.
- To remove, dip into warm water for a few seconds.