Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I'm sharing my valentine's favorite recipe of all time. Robert Redford. There are several variations to this recipe, and I even remember my mom using butterscotch pudding in it when we were little, but this is the recipe I have used for many years and the one he grew up with so it's not something to mess with. Although, he seems to think the name, Robert Redford, is a little outdated and could stand a change...like to Angelina Jolie...but it just doesn't sound right, so Robert Redford it stays!
- 1/2 Cup butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- 1 Cup flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 container cool whip, divided
- 1 5.4 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 3 Cups cold milk
- Combine butter, pecans, and flour and press in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/2 container cool whip.
- Spread on top of crust.
- Mix together milk and pudding and pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set. Spread remaining cool whip over chocolate.
- Top with additional chopped pecans, if desired.