Valentine's Day is Saturday! It's definitely not one of my favorite "holidays", but I still try to make it fun and festive for my family. These heart shaped cupcakes are super easy to make and adorable!
Who knew that marbles would come in handy while baking? Certainly not me!
I actually made heart shaped cupcakes for Valentine's day a year or two ago, but instead of using marbles, I rolled aluminum foil into a ball. That works well too, but when I saw the marble idea that seemed easier and less time consuming to me! I'm all about saving time! We just so happened to have an ample supply of marbles because Santa brought the girls each a 100! Now, if you don't have marbles, then the foil trick works too!
Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners. Then place a marble in between the pan and the cupcake liner. (I forgot to snap a pick before the cupcakes went in the oven, but here is the after pic.)
How cute are these? Perfect for you little (or big) valentines...;)
- 1 15.25 oz Box of cake mix
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on box.
- Place cupcake liner in muffin tins.
- Fill liners 1/2 full with cupcake batter.
- Place marble in between liner and muffin pan.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Decorate when completely cool.