If you haven't entered my Photo Book Giveaway from Shutterfly yet, there is still time to enter. The giveaway ends Tuesday at midnight! Click here to enter to win! Don't miss out!
These bars were a hit by everyone in our household. You bake them in a jelly roll pan so it does make a pretty big batch, but they were devoured in less than days! We can't take all the credit though. We had some visitors to help us out!
This recipe is a 3-step process, but don't let that scare you because they are still pretty easy to make.
3/4 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 C. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2nd layer ingredients
4 C. marshmallows
3rd. layer ingredients(topping)
1 Cup milk chocolate chips
3 Tablespoons butter
1 C. Peanut butter
2 C. Rice Krispies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a jelly roll pan or a 15x10 pan.
2. Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix til fluffy.
3. Combine the flour, powder, salt, and cocoa and add to the butter mixture.
4.Spread batter in pan and bake for 15-17 minutes.
5.Remove from oven and, while it is still warm, sprinkle marshmallows evenly over first layer. Return to the oven for 2 minutes.
6. Using a knife dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over the first layer. Allow the bars to cool.
7. For the topping, combine the chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted and no lumps remain.
8. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Spread evenly over bars.
7. Chill until firm. Once they are firm, there is no need for refrigeration.