Did the title of this post catch your eye? I bet you are wondering what the heck this post is about! Don't worry, it's a recipe, but I sure had my friends wondering as we were texting as I was making this dish;)
So, I'm sure you've all heard of the tried and true Robert Redford recipe that has been passed down from generations. It's a great one! One of my husbands favorites, so I will be sharing my recipe for it on this little blog next month. I have to admit, I really don't know what Robert Redford looks like and my husband always wants to change the name of it to Angelina Jolie because he thinks the name Robert Redford is a little out dated, but we still call it by its given name.
Okay, back to the recipe with that catchy name;) This is a lot like Robert Redford only, in my opinion, a little bit better! This recipe combines both vanilla and chocolate pudding which will make definitely please your palette;) I found the original recipe at Amanda's Cookin, but I made some slight changes to it. If you haven't checked out Amanda's sight, I highly suggest you do. She also has an awesome craft website which I adore and a lot of my crafting inspiration comes from there.
Enjoy this recipe, my friends! It's a goody!
Sex In a Pan
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8-oz cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 8-oz cool whip, divided
- 5.8 oz package instant vanilla pudding
- 5.8 oz package instant chocolate pudding
- 6 cups cold milk, divided
- additional cocoa powder for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in microwave. Combine butter, flour, brown sugar, cocoa and salt using a mixer until well combined and soft dough forms.
- Press mixture evenly into pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow crust to cool completely.
- While crust is cooling, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/2 of cool whip container. Once crust is cool, spread mixture evenly over crust.
- Combine chocolate pudding and three cups of milk and spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Allow the chocolate pudding to set for a moment to thicken a bit.
- Combine vanilla pudding and three cups of milk and spread evenly over chocolate pudding. Allow the vanilla pudding to set for a moment to thicken.
- Spread remaining cool whip over vanilla layer and garnish with cocoa powder if using.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.