I love appetizers! In fact, I could make a meal out of them and sometimes when I eat at a restaurant, I will order off the appetizer menu for my actual meal....unless they have pizza! I recently made this for a family get -together that took place pool side. I use the term 'recently' lightly because it was about a month and a half ago! This was a big hit. The best part, it was made in the crockpot! I have always loved cooking in my crockpot, but since my crockpot menu has grown from only roast, potatoes and carrots in the last year or so, I love it even more!
So, I highly recommend this delicious appetizer for your next party. Your guests will love it and will probably ask for the recipe.;) The recipe came from Gooseberry Patch's new cookbook Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites- .
Classic Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 10oz. cans chicken, drained
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 Cup cayenne hot pepper sauce
- 1 Cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, salad dressing, and one cup cheddar cheese in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, on high setting for about one hour, or until cheeses are melted.
- Turn heat to low setting;stir in remaining cheddar cheese until melted.
- Serve with baguette slices, or tostitoes for dipping.