I have a lot of random thoughts going through my head today. Today isn't any different than the other 364 days in the year. I thought I would share some of my thoughts with you and maybe get you caught up to speed on what has been going on in our life since I haven't blogged in over a week!
- We had the flu last week. As in, the actual flu. Brad started to feel crummy on Sunday so on Monday he decided to go to the ER. They told him he had bronchitis and pneumonia. They didn't even do the swab test to determine if it was the flu. Then Tuesday night, Jo Jo started running a temp. She woke up with a temp on Wednesday so I checked it and it was 101. I was starting to feel a little crummy myself and had a bit of a cough. I called the pediatrician's office and they wanted to see her. They did a swab test and she was positive of Influenza type A. The pediatrician couldn't test me because I wasn't a patient, but by my symptoms she could tell that I also had it so she prescribed Tamiflu to everyone in the household except Brad because he had had it for a few days and it would just have to run it's course. Tamiflu is the miracle drug. Jo Jo and I started to feel better within 24 hours. We were just really tired.
- B had a four day weekend from school because last Friday was a snow make-up day and since we haven't had any snow days, she didn't have school and Monday was President's day. I love having her home. Granted some days are very trying, but for the most part we have fun. I long for summer break!!!!
- I didn't realize how early Easter was this year. It's the last Sunday in March. I better start planning some crafts.
- I love Instagram! I'm farmmomof3. Come follow me!
- I have decided that I will never have a spotless house. The truth is, we're messy. Our home is lived in. We have 3 kids (well, one doesn't make much of a mess right now, but will very soon), a dog, live on a farm, and in the country. On any given occasion you can find dust, dirt and sometimes cow poo on my floors and I am slowly becoming completely fine with it because I can keep a pretty clean house, but that means spending every waking minute picking up and cleaning. Truth is, I don't want to. I want to enjoy my kids while they are young. There will be a day when I won't have the toys cluttering up my house and at that point, I'll probably have more time to clean but I know when that day comes, I'll miss the messes. So, please don't judge me on the condition of my home because we're happy!
- Jo Jo's baptism was Saturday. I will post pictures soon!
- This week is National FFA week. I am a proud former FFA member and some of my best memories from high school happened while at FFA events.
- I ordered my garden seed yesterday. Spring is coming!!!!!
That's it for now!!!! Have a great day everyone!