Wow your little goblins this Halloween with this easy to make candy corn cake. It only takes 5 ingredients and is so simple to make, but everyone will think you worked your tail off creating this masterpiece!
Don't like candy corn? No biggie! It's just a basic white cake mix with food coloring to make it look like candy corn and you can leave the candy off the top, or just let the non-candy corn lovers scrape them off the top like I did ;).
First, mix up your cake mix according to the package directions and divide your batter into three bowls...
Bake according to package directions. When it is finished baking, poke holes in the warm cake with a wooden spoon and pour the sweetened condensed milk in all the holes. Refrigerate for about 2 hours...
Combine sugar, cream cheese, and cool whip and spread evenly over cake and add candy corn to the top, if desired!
Candy Corn Poke Cake
- 1 Box of white cake mix
- food coloring
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. cool whip
- 1 Cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- candy corn
- Mix cake batter according to directions. Then divide the batter into 3 equal parts. Color one yellow, one orange and leave one alone. Make the colors as bright as you like!
- Spread the yellow layer evenly in a greased 9x13 pan. Place pan in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread orange layer evenly over yellow. Return pan to freezer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread the white layer evenly over orange layer.
- Leave pan on top of preheating oven for about 30 minutes (or counter top).
- Bake according to package directions.
- Poke holes in warm cake with wooden spoon. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over cake, filling each hole.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Mix cool whip, cream cheese, and sugar together. Spread evenly over cake.
- Top with candy corn, optional.